Monday, July 6, 2009

I Need to Know Tuesday, Vol. 10

Who loves potatoes - can I get a show of hands? We love potatoes here! They are relatively inexpensive, quite versatile, and well, yummy. This leads me to my "I Need to Know" for the week.

I typically cook potatoes one of two ways...hash brown/breakfast style (cut up into small cubes, seasoned, and cooked in olive oil on the stovetop) or mashed (with cream cheese). Tonight I tried this recipe from Hillbilly Housewife that wasn't bad. I found some ways that I'll tweak it next time, and will likely do them again. But I want more ways to use potatoes. Tried and tested ways. I think there are literally thousands of variations of potato recipes out there, and frankly, I don't want to try them all out to find some new favorites. I'm just not that adventurous. Maybe one day I will and I'll do an accompanying potato blog and try a new recipe every day. I can dream, can't I? So blog readers, this week, I need to know...what's your favorite potato recipe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like a potato "recipe" I use, only I wash and cube the potatoes, dump them in a glass rectangular dish, pour a packet of lipton's onion seasoning (like you would use for dip), then coat with olive oil. Bake as the other recipe indicates. Less muss, less fuss, still delicious.

Kristin said...

Cut potatoes in large cubes. Slice a few cloves of fresh garlic. Toss those together with olive oil, a littel balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper and rosemary (fresh or dried). Bake about an hour. It's delicious! We also like to take baking potatoes, slice horizontally but not all the way thru, and inbetween each slice put some onion, garlic and butter. Wrap in foil, and stick on the grill. We do both of these recipes all the time - hope you enjoy!