Monday, June 29, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 6

It's that time of the week again...the time where I join up with Musings of a Housewife's "carnival" and share what I learned this week.



I feel like I didn't learn that much this week. I'm sure that I did (yeah...right), but only a couple things come to mind.

* I learned that productive days, be it working or just getting stuff crossed off my list, put me in a good mood. Today I had seven stores to visit for my part-time job and three personal errands to run. I got it all done and was in a great mood this afternoon!

* I learned that one 750mL bottle of Lindemans Framboise Raspberry Lambic is exactly the right amount to go with a 12-pack of Hoegaarden Belgian White to make twelve tasty "Belgian Sunrises" (or "Dirty Ho's" as some call them...).

* I learned that tortillas can be used as a stand in for hot dog buns.

* I learned that currency conversion can be the cause of going far over budget on while on vacation in another country. Clearly, that has to be the cause, right?

So that's what I learned. Want more? Check out Musings of a Housewife to find out what she learned. And to see what her other readers learned! And heck, if you learned anything, share! Just link up your post with Mr. Linky!

6 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love productive days like that! And I'm going to remember that tortilla trick.

Julie From Inmates said...

Tortilla = hot-dog bun. Who knew? Oh, and I totally love crossing things off of my list, too. ;)

Brenna said...

oh, melanie, you are my heroine! seven stores and three errands! I'd drop after 2...it's the getting in and out of the car with the toddler that kills me! you're too funny!

JanMary said...

Great lessons - currency conversions always confuse me too!

Hi from N Ireland.

The Real Me! said...

I like to make lists just to cross things off. I'll even right something on my list that I've already done just so I can cross it off! LOL
Great lessons I'd say!
Blessings.
Kim

Cafe Mocha Momma said...

Ah, productivity and ingenuity! Two of the best lessons to have learned in life! Personally, I'm still working on both of them. Practice makes perfect, right?