Monday, June 29, 2009

Musical Moments

Since she was a little one, I've been exposing Jillian to music. I grew up playing various musical instruments until high school, when I started singing in choir. Jillian recently discovered her dad's harmonica and has really taken a liking to it. And this evening, we had a brief session on the piano. I'm glad to see she's intrigued by playing instruments, and that she enjoys it. Hopefully this will be the start of a lifelong love of and appreciation for music!

4 comments:

Fake Aunt Jen said...

you can play a harmonica and you can play a piano and apparently you can even play a piano with a harmonica! ;)

Casy Schweickart said...

That is great! I have been exposing Emily to every type of music possible also. My Dad is a musician and to his horror none of his daughters (3) play much of anything. I am hoping Emily takes after him and plays. It is already fun to watch her "sing" and dance!

Emily said...

it seems you have piano lessons and tumbling classes in your future.

Musical Instruments said...

So cute! I can totally relate, as I am also a mother of a 1-year old girl who is fond of pressing piano keys. She even steps on the keys sometimes just to create "the sound". I am definitely going to teach her piano basics in the near future. It has also been scientifically proven that children who are inclined to musical instruments have higher IQ's. Win-win situation.