Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love Village Thrift!

Jillian and I stopped in our favorite thrift store today. I've been looking for a couple cute tops to take on vacation and some kind of handbag to carry around. Village Thrift in Laurel, MD is awesome; they're right off Rt. 198 (aka Fort Meade Road). They use different color price tags and every visit four different colored tags are 50% off. Their toy selection isn't stellar, but I usually let Jillian pick up something for being good while I browse the racks and racks of clothing. I picked up one shirt and a pair of shorts.

And here's the awesome bag I picked up for our trip. I wanted something small that would hold keys, money, cell phone, passport, and camera. The strap is adjustable so that it can be carried up high like a traditional handbag or extended long enough to wear across my body.

Oh, did I mention that it's Nine West? And the interior shows NO WEAR. Score!

Jillian found a bear that she liked. (As if she needs any more toys or stuffed animals.. .) It's an L.L. Bean Patchwork Chenille Bear and looked like new. I threw him in the washer and dryer during naptime and it IS like new!

Score again!

All that for the grand total of under $14. I heart thrift stores.

2 comments:

emk said...

And....now I have the need-to-bargain-shop-NOW shakes. Thanks so much, Mel! :-)

Emily said...

Ditto that!