Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 1

I've been meaning to do a "What I Learned This Week" post for some time now, but this week I actual remembered some of the things I learned! So here goes.

1. I learned to check the pantry before cooking. I am an avid list maker, and the term "anal" comes to mind when I talk about my grocery list making. Sure that my list-making skills have been perfected, I began cooking spaghetti with meat sauce Tuesday night. I got my defrosted ground beef in the pan and cooking and went to gather the rest of my ingredients. Only to open the pantry, pull out a box of spaghetti, and realize that I had NO SAUCE. I opened the fridge. NO SAUCE. Ugh! Thankfully John was home and I rushed off to the grocery store around 6:30pm (double Ugh!) to get sauce for dinner. No longer will I start dinner until I am certain that I have all the necessary ingredients.

2. I learned that carabiners are awesome teethers (see my earlier blog post this week). I found these on John's laptop bag.

Jillian loves chewing on keys and other metal things when her gums hurt. These are perfect! They're too big for her to choke on, smooth metal, and the loop fits perfectly in the holes where her canines will (eventually) emerge.

3. I learned that there is no affordable, quick, and easy method of hair removal. I tried the Smooth Away this week. While it works, my hair is so coarse that to actually use it all the time, I'd have to by 'refills' of the buffing pads every week, or more. Oh well, it'll work in a fix, but I'm still searching. Too bad laser hair removal is so darn expensive!

So what did you learn this week? Head on over to Musings of a Housewife and link up with your lessons learned - and read about lessons other bloggers learned!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, commenting and following! I am a list maker for everything and a few weeks ago I had made a meal and was missing the key ingredient. I learned my lesson too!

About the MIL and my parents - she is so jealous of my mom and has a bad habit of taking Andrew (my son) out of people's arms. Last weekend, she did it to my mom 3 times in about 2 hours. I have issues with her anyway. The previous weekend she was here for two days (my parents weren't) and she held Andrew for a total of two minutes! Yes, you read that right. It bugs me when she doesn't pay him any attention but it really bugs me when she snatches him from others just for a show.

Anyway, hope we get to know each other more.

Brenna said...

hee...I'm famous for making a list, and then forgetting it when I'm actually at the store. Ooops!