Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well...

I was trying to think of something really exciting and different to do for my 300th blog post here, and I came up blank. Sorry, readers, next time.

Today we were going to head to Patapsco State Park to complete another portion of Park Quest 2009. After nap, we had lunch and grabbed some water and started heading that direction. I had a brain fart moment. I had just read earlier today on the website that this particular quest needed to be started before 3pm. Luckily, before we got too far, I realized that it was already 3:15pm. Slight oversight on my part. We quickly formulated a Plan B and headed to the quiet, neighborhood park that we went to last year.

We learned that it has a name: Holiday Hills Park.

Josh and Jillian played on the swings and the two playgrounds. Jillian preferred the "big kids" playground, of course. And as usual, Jillian was her daredevil self and amazed me yet again with her abilities. I've got a bunch of pictures, but so as to not bore you all, I'm going to post these two.

This is Jillian trying to climb up the chain ladder. I didn't think she'd make it all the way up. WRONG. She made it all the way up without any of my help! (although I did go stand within arm's reach as she approached the top)

When we got home, I pulled out the baby pool so she could take a dip. Her little swim didn't last that long, because today she figured out how to get in and out of the pool. So much for containment!

5 comments:

Tara said...

She's so cute and definitely a daredevil. I thought of you on Friday when I looked over and saw that my Andrew had moved his riding rocketcar over to the window, climbed on top and stood looking out the window. He wasn't missing a sock though...both of them instead. The pool is something we need to get.

Brenna said...

jilli adds yet another skill to her resume!

lmc said...

I think Cady has that same bathing suit! Did you get it at The Children's Place at the end of last season for super cheap?? Yet another twin photo op....

melaniet42 said...

Lindsey, we DID get it at The Children's Place at the end of last season cheap! We'll definitely have to coordinate!

Party of Eight said...

I'm sorry park quest didn't work out...we've done the same thing! We were going to go over to Seneca Creek after Patapsco a couple of weeks ago, but they were not open on Fridays yet...then we were going to go to Elk Neck but we hadn't printed the questions first! Also, seneca creek said it is best to go in the morning, I guess that is the best time for bird watching. J looks so cute in her swimmy suit :)