Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wow! What a Morning!

Who knew we could do so much in a mere four hours? We went walking with "fake" Aunt Jen this morning. She and I have been thinking about geocaching, so GPS in hand, we looked for a couple around the lake today! I found my first cache - how exciting!!

When we got back to the parking lot, Jen and I spotted a Pileated Woodpecker (Jen is an avid birder). She stayed with Jillian while I got out my camera just as fast as I could and tried to get a picture of this beautiful bird. It's not the best picture, but it kept flying from tree to tree and hiding. How dare it not pose for me!

After our walk, geocaching adventure, and bird sighting, we headed off to the doctor for Jillian's 15 month check up. We stopped by the Meadowbrook playground for about ten minutes on the way, since it was right there and we were running early. All went well at her check up. She weighs 19 lbs, 1.5 ozs (5th percentile in weight), 30 inches (30th percentile in height), and her head circumference is 46 cm. I didn't ask about the percentile for that one. No forward-facing car seat for us yet! She got two vaccinations and shed a couple tears, but got over it pretty quickly this time.

Since she did so good, I treated her to lunch at Chick-Fil-A. She loves the lemonade there. And the chicken nuggets, fries, and the great "Corduroy" board books they have in the kids meals for little ones under three.

And now we're home for a nice, long nap! I think we'll stay in this afternoon, since Granny will be here this evening to watch Jillian so Mommy & Daddy can go out to the HoCo Blogtail Party at Victoria's Gastro Pub!

5 comments:

The Kento Beans said...

I almost took B to Chick-Fil-A after his appt this morning! Too funny! I'm glad to hear you've had such a FULL morning! Have fun at Victoria tonight!

The 2 Cannons said...

Great job on your first geocache! Welcome to the geocaching club!! Are you addicted yet?

Brenna said...

it does sound like you've had a full day...i've heard good things about the Gastro Pub!

Party of Eight said...

Geocaching AND Chick-Fil-A??? Sounds like our house!!! Congratulations on the find! Did you log it?

melaniet42 said...

Thanks Amy! And yes, I logged it!