Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

We awoke early this morning and headed off for the earlier-than-normal Easter Sunday service at church, followed by a wonderful breakfast! After an early nap, we headed up to my mom's house for Easter "dinner" (it was midday, so it was really more like lunch).

Jillian greeted Pop-pop by being sweet and cuddly when we arrived.

We ate lunch and then Jillian checked out her Easter basket full of goodies!



I promptly put Jillian's new snazzy sandals on (that we in her Easter basket!) to try them out. Here she is running through the dining room from the kitchen (where my mom was) to the hallway (where I was), playing some version of peekaboo.



Something else that was in the awesome Easter basket was a very realistic looking stuffed bunny. But it kind of creeps me out. Then I realized why - it reminds me of the killer rabbit from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". Here are two shots of the stuffed bunny, followed by a somewhat gruesome (fake gore of course) picture of the killer rabbit from the movie. Anyone else see the resemblance?



Jillian doesn't seem to mind though...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good call on the Monty Bunny! It's a dead ringer and I couldn't put my finger on it, but there you have it!

Casy Schweickart said...

She is really cute in her dress and hat! I love the Monty Python reference!