Thursday, March 19, 2009

Crafts and Cooking

Wow! Today was one of those days that I felt like a pretty good housewife and stay at home mommy. This afternoon our moms group got together at Brenna's house for an awesome craft! Thanks Brenna!!!

With her crafty expertise, we learned how to make stencils out of freezer paper and paint up some personalized baby gear.

Here are a couple pictures of the work in progress:


And the pièce de résistance!


Jillian will certainly be modeling her new shirt in a future post (hint, hint, "keep reading my blog!").

I cooked dinner tonight. Nothing fancy, really a quite basic meal. But it felt hearty and super homemade. And looked pretty too!


Mmmm...mouthwatering goodness!

3 comments:

Jen Sellers said...

I love the shirt! I've seen directions for doing wax paper stencils, but just haven't done it myself. Good job. :)

The Kento Beans said...

While both the shirt and the dinner look fabulous, I'm most impressed with your proper use of French accent marks! :-)

Brenna said...

I'm glad you had fun!!! Your shirt looks awesome...maybe next we should do shirts for the mommies.

Jen, if you try it, be sure to use FREEZER paper NOT wax paper. Freezer paper has plastic in it, not wax.