Thursday, February 12, 2009

She's Crafty!

I'll skip the icky details of Jillian and her stomach bug here. She's recovering and actually asked for food tonight (although she hardly ate any of it...). It seems she has zippy appetite. After she ate a little dinner and threw most of the rest of it on the kitchen floor, I needed to occupy her while our dinner finished cooking and we ate.

I remembered John telling me that Josh's aunt used to mix up "paint" for him to play with in his high chair. She mixed marshmallow creme with food coloring and put the "paint" on his high chair tray palette style. So a-mixing I went. I heated the marshmallow creme in the microwave for five seconds to make it a little softer for mixing, then I mixed up some red, yellow and blue "paint".


She wasn't so sure about it at first...

...then she dug in and did some finger painting.

She tasted it (this is where it's awesome that it's just marshmallow creme!).

She blew some paint kisses.

And then she was over it.

I decided to try some hand prints while her hands were covered in paint. They turned out ok, but I'm not sure how well marshmallow creme paint dries.

Here's the best part though - I cleaned up both the baby and the high chair with just two paper towels and water!!!

4 comments:

Carlson Family said...

That is the coolest thing EVER!!! I can't wait to try it - thanks for the great idea. We did a little painting project for Valentine's Day, but of course ended up with (nontoxic)paint IN the mouth!

Jen Sellers said...

What a great idea. Marshmallow cream and food coloring! I would have never thought of that one.

bebe said...

super cool! i'm impressed with jillian's artistry! perhaps i can commission a work?

Emily said...

Oh that's clever! I'm totally going to copy you.