Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

Yesterday, Jillian went up to my mom's house for an overnight stay. My stepdad loves decorating the yard for Christmas, so I took Jilly outside today for a couple pictures. She loved watching the lights last night.



While I was up there, my mom took us to her "famous" consignment shop, where she gets Jillian all sorts of goodies at awesome prices! Despite Christmas being last week, we picked up a couple things: a Gymboree purse, a bag of assorted Little People and a Little People car, and a Neurosmith Sunshine Symphony toy (which retails for $40!). Our purchases totaled around $15. I will agree - this consignment shop is fantastic. Everything in the store was an additional 50% off today!


Now for my two favorite purchases.

The first I picked up at Sams Club on Friday, it's a super-sized Golden Books board book - one of my favorites from when I was a wee one.

And something I've been searching for since I was pregnant - a balloon lamp just like the one I had when I was young (in fact, there is a slight chance that this one is in fact my old one...weird)! The clown is missing his hat, but for under $2 at the consignment shop, I'm ok with that.

3 comments:

bebe said...

love the retro book...looks like you found some great stuff there!

Julie Johnson said...

hey i think we had that lamp too....maybe it was yours, sorry.

Casy Schweickart said...

I love the poky little puppy. That was actually the first thing I bought when I found out that I was pregnant!