Monday, January 19, 2009

Day of Rest

After a busy and productive weekend (aka exhausting!), Jillian and I stayed home today. Although there is plenty to do this week, a day of rest was called for.

Jillian loves her doll. It is almost as big as she is, but she still carries her around all the time.

We were very excited to see snow today and can only hope that next time it stays around longer and we get enough accumulation to go out and try out the baby sled!

The other day, my annual supply of Honeybell oranges arrived. I squeezed some orange juice for myself this morning and cut some sections for Jillian to try with lunch. Success! She likes oranges!! After lunch I cut some more sections for her and stored them in a baby food jar for the next couple meals. I just wanted to share what looked like warm sunshine to me today.

After lunch I proceeded to tackle Mt. Laundry. Jillian wanted to "help" fold it, but really she just snatched a clean hoodie towel and walked around with it over her head.

She also learned that pressing buttons on her discovery cube isn't the only way for it to make noise. Apparently sitting on it works just as well.


This evening, Jillian's fascination with daddy's big work boots continued. Daddy showed her what they'd look like on her feet.

She got so sad that she couldn't wear them around that she tried carrying them - steel toed boots are heavy!

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

I love the pic of tiny little Jillian carrying around that big ol' boot! The expression on her face is priceless - I just want to pick her up and squeeze her!

Emily said...

I agree with Lindsey, it looks like she's saying "Mommy, it's heavy!"

bebe said...

mmmmm! oranges!