Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

For Jillian's first Thanksgiving Day celebration, we traveled up to my mom's house for a mid-day feast. Jillian enjoyed some mashed potatoes (of course), peas, sweet potatoes, stuffing and most of all, the pumpkin pie.

After dinner, Jillian played with the various stuffed turkeys my mom had around the house.

This pilgrim/turkey played some ho-down type music.

This turkey apparently looked edible.

Jillian let Dottie (her great grandmother) hold her for a bit.

I learned some new math:
too much pumpkin pie + 10 month old baby + car ride = projectile vomiting. Oops. No pictures of that event.

We went to my mother-in-law's house later in the evening and watched the second half of the Cowboys game. Go Cowboys!!

Today we ventured to Timonium to see the Festival of Trees.

This was from "The Purity Ring Tree". It reminded me of a "Family Guy" episode.

We're not putting up a big tree this year, so I dressed Jillian in one of her Christmas outfits to snap some festive pictures.


I liked the Grinch Tree.

Now, I'm not usually a craft enthusiast, but they had some awesome stuff there, from gently used children's books for $1, to quirky socks, cashmere scarves, dip mixes, and the most adorable crowns/tiaras. Of course, I had to get Jillian her first tiara. She doesn't love it yet...but I do!!!

No comments: