Saturday, October 25, 2008

Valuable Lessons About Mother Nature

Today Jillian and I were out running some errands, and I noticed that the trees are getting prettier and prettier. The weather around noon was warmer than it's been and breezy. So we went to Centennial Park. I sat in the car for a few moments, debating whether or not a walk was wise, since it was supposed to be raining.

Well, we chanced it. As I snapped a couple pictures of the fall colors, the sky became more and more ominous.



Then I looked across the lake and saw a wall of rain headed our way. Needless to say, we got wet. Very wet. And there's really no way to walk with an umbrella and a stroller, and besides, the umbrella wouldn't cover both me and the stroller. So we walked in the rain. I stopped for another picture when the rain let up (for a brief moment). I couldn't pass it up, since it's a very rare shot at Centennial Park that there is no one else on the trail. Note however, that we were NOT the only crazies out walking in the rain.

Not the most flattering self portrait, but I wanted to capture the degree of wetness that we experienced. Jillian learned a valuable lesson about Mother Nature today (and maybe about her own mother...that perhaps she's a little out of her mind sometimes!).

2 comments:

Emily said...

very adventurous!

The Kento Beans said...

That tree-lined path pic is SO cool!!! Hope you dried out as quickly as you got wet!!