Friday, October 17, 2008

Diaper Box Derby (well, sort of)

A couple weeks ago, Emily issued a challenge to make "Diaper Box Derby" cars. While I'm not terribly uncreative, all of my creative supplies are in storage since we're trying to sell the house. So as far as this project went, I had two options: 1) wrap the box in Christmas wrapping paper, or 2) sew something. Obviously, I've been putting it off, until....

Last night I was getting the trash ready to go out and I had a couple broken down boxes to get out of the kitchen. I was about to trash this one until the light bulb went off! This is my "diaper box"!!! It is perfect for this time of year. So I didn't do much decorating - it's already awesome, but I did put Jillian in her black cat shirt for the pictures.

Jillian giving it her seal of approval.

And we're off!

She waves to the crowd...

This is the tricky part...

Oh, no! Turn 4 is a doozy!

Luckily, both driver and "Trick or Treat" bear were unharmed.

4 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Sooooo cute! I LOVE the black cat shirt - my cat Zoey is very happy to be represented. I really got get on this diaper box derby car thing.

Emily said...

Hilarious! I love that you did a play by play.

Bam Bam's Mom said...

Someone is all ready for halloween! She has her pumpkin soap box car, her cat shirt and her little trick or treat stuffed animal ready to go. You go girl! She's just to adorable.

The Kento Beans said...

Hooray for beer-box derby!!