Sunday, September 28, 2008

West Virginia...wild and, well, wild.

Friday evening we headed off to Annapolis to pick up Josh and then to West Virginia to visit our friends Paul and Patti. They have a great place on the Shenandoah River and invited us down to hang out, celebrate our birthdays (yes, my husband and I have the same birthday), and float down the river on Saturday. We hung out Friday night on their awesome deck enjoying some adult bevvies. Then Saturday, since the weather was questionable, Paul borrowed a canoe from his neighbor in which we would float down the river. Us being the canoe aficionados that we are (NOT), we loaded up with me, John, Paul, Josh and the baby...we did have life jackets for the kids. Oh, yeah, and a cooler. Suffice to say, after capsizing twice and losing my money camera somewhere in the Shenandoah, we gave up that project. Wet and discouraged, but safe, we returned to Paul and Patti's and chilled out for the rest of the afternoon. We did have a fun time though, and it was certainly an adventure!

Clearly this means no pictures of our weekend fun. I will be acquiring a new camera ASAP. I feel quite naked without it.

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Bummer that you lost your camera! I'm sorry. I hope you still had a good birthday.

The Kento Beans said...

At least you had some tasty adult "bevvies" to numb the pain. I'm so sorry about the camera! But they do just keep getting better...and cheaper!

bebe said...

sounds like you had an adventure!!! too bad about the camera! at least you get to go shopping for a new one soon!