Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Growing Up

This morning (I can't believe I hadn't done this sooner!) I baby-gated her in her room to play while I took a shower. And she did just that - played for almost 45 minutes by herself with her stuffed animals and books. WOW! Later at moms group, Lindsey nicknamed our little sweetheart "Tank". She just barrels over anything in her way when she wants something. Then this evening, she was "helping" daddy make dinner in the kitchen. It got quiet, so I figured she was into something she shouldn't be. I went into the kitchen to check out the situation and...no baby. Where was she? Halfway up the stairs. It's hard to believe that this was just eight months ago.

2 comments:

The Kento Beans said...

That is SO great that she played for so long!! We must discuss specifics the next time I see you since you know I have baby gate issues! ;-)

Carlson Family said...

I must say that the nickname "Tank" was bestowed with much admiration for her skills and for the irony, given that she is just such an adorable little peanut!