Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day Trip

Today Jillian and I planned on going to the beach. Of course we got a late start - I was up early to get a shower before the baby woke up and naturally, she slept in. On our way out to Rehoboth, we stopped by the funeral home in Centreville at which I used to work, so Jillian could say hi to our friends there. We had a nice visit and Jillian charmed everyone with her smiles and mobility.

Then we continued on to the beach. We got there a little after 1pm and met up with my mom, her college roommate Ann, Ann's daughter-in-law Karen, Karen's mom, and Karen's new 2-1/2 week old Matthew. After a short stroll on the boardwalk we had lunch at our favorite pizza place, Grotto Pizza. Mmmmm...yum! Jillian had baby food and Cheerios, and a couple small bites of pizza crust.

A trip to the outlets was in order, too. Jillian got some new clothes, mainly a couple pairs of jeans that fit her tiny little hiney for this cooler weather. My mom bought me a couple pairs of pants and a sweater too, as an early birthday present - yay for pants that fit!

Soon it was already time to head home. We stopped at Sonic for dinner on the way home, since there aren't ANY Sonics in Maryland. I'm convinced it's a conspiracy.

The sunset was beautiful coming home. This picture doesn't really do it justice. It kept getting prettier and prettier, and I kept waiting to stop and take a picture. I think I waited too long and didn't catch the best part of it.

When we got home, Jillian got to stay up late and play a little, since she spent most of the day strapped into her stroller, car seat or high chair. She likes her new clothes!

All in all, we had a nice trip to the beach, albeit entirely too short!

3 comments:

The Kento Beans said...

I LOVE SONIC!!!!!!! I have extolled its praises on my blog before-- I, too, think it's horrible that there are none in MD! You better believe I stopped at one on the way home from Bethany a few weekends ago!!

Carlson Family said...

Sonic...yum, yum!! Sounds like you guys had a fun day and came home with some loot!

bebe said...

i often wondered how it would work, taking the baby on a longer car ride. sounds like you all had fun!!