Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation - Installment 3...Go Fly a Kite!

John and I have sort of made a tradition of kite flying at the beach, since he learned that throughout my childhood I had never actually flown a kite successfully. We went to the Kite Loft to buy one to fly on Wednesday. Nothing too fancy, or so we thought. We should have known when it came with an instructional dvd - which we didn't watch, of course...



This was a two hand operation kite. John and Josh worked hard to get it in the air.



Jillian supervised from her stroller.




Supervising is hard work. Apparently Jillian enjoys napping on the beach just as much as mommy does!


Once Jillian was napping, I was free to help John with the kite. Finally, we got the kite in the air. It was a little tricky to fly, but once we got the hang of it, it was pretty cool!




I even got to give it a try!!!

No comments: