Saturday, August 16, 2008

Port Discovery

Today Jillian and I met Melissa and Sadie at Port Discovery. I've been wanting to check it out there, since they advertised several permanent exhibits for "All Ages" and "Birth - 4". I figured these apply to Jillian, and kids under 2 are free. Well, it was all kinds of fun! Today's theme was the Tortoise and the Hare. We went to Circle Time when we got there and Jillian got to pet a turtle and a rabbit.



Then we checked out Sensation Station. Jillian looked at the big tubes of water and bubbles.



I think the mirrors behind the water tubes were a bigger hit than the bubbles.



We played with the toys there and Jillian tried her hand at putting pieces in a puzzle.



Then the girls played in the ball pit. Sadie tried climbing out of it, while Jillian got "stuck" and wasn't too thrilled about that. But she did like standing in them, even if mommy did have to hold her hand.



We went back to the Oasis for the Kindersinger, and although getting sleepy, Jillian managed to enjoy the singing.


Afterwards, Sadie and Jillian played on the big, stuffed dogs.



And of course, I had to have the mommy torture moment, when I made Jillian pose in the faceless Pocahontas (I think?).


1 comment:

The Kento Beans said...

Wow-- what a busy day! Looks like a great place for kids!