Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Big Day for Mommy

Following the baby's big day of demonstrating her standing-up skills, mommy had a big day of accepting that baby is growing up. Quickly.

Last night I went to get Jillian out of her crib when she woke up, and she was standing up in her crib, towering (at least in my opinion) over the crib rail. I guess she wasn't towering, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable about it. Today I lowered her crib mattress for the first time. I lowered it two settings, probably about six inches. So now Jillian can still stand up in her crib, but at least I don't feel like she's going to take a dive out of it. This picture is Jillian standing up in her crib after I lowered it. While doing the crib work, I installed her Gummi Crib Rail cover.



I also packed up her bassinet, allowing me to restore symmetry to my bedroom, as it was set up on my side of the bed, shifting our bed a foot or more to the right of where it once lined up perfectly below our mirror.

Going the way of the bassinet (to storage) are Jillian's two play gyms, her Boppy Tummy Time, her baby Papason, a box of baby outgrown baby clothes, and a box of what I think is the last of the maternity clothes. Her swing will follow, as soon as I can figure out how to take it apart.

So, Jillian didn't really have a big day today, but I sure did!

2 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Wow, I can't believe she's standing in the crib! I guess they can't stay little babies forever, huh?

The Kento Beans said...

Wow!!! She's the leader of the pack! :-)