Friday, August 22, 2008

Babies - Life's Little Pick-Me-Up

Ever have one of those days? Not one of those days where everything goes miserably wrong, but one of those days when all the little things that have gone wrong over the past couple weeks or months catch up to you and all hit you upside your head at once? Jillian and I got up and had a nice breakfast, a little nap, and then went to the pool. We had a nice time. Then we came home. She slept for a little while, but then woke up. Not to be put back down. This is not a good thing - she gets very fussy without a solid nap (so does mommy...). It all went down hill from there. I sorted through our bills to pay - never fun. Then I got a call that we were going to have a showing this evening. And because Jillian saw fit to not take a "real" afternoon nap, I didn't get to go up to the church and work on the project I've neglected for the past couple weeks. We met a friend for dinner and got home to find out that daddy's ex-wife screwed up the weekend schedule and my stepson had been waiting at his grandmother's for his dad to pick him up for the weekend (tomorrow night is our fantasy football draft and my mom is keeping the baby OVERNIGHT for the first time - first time baby-less in, well, since she was born!). My mind's on back to school since that's what is happening for kids next week. Here's today's report card for Mel:
Wife - FAIL - let our checking account overdraft
Mom - FAIL - getting frustrated with baby that won't sleep at night or nap during the day
Churchie - FAIL - neglecting project that I've commited to completing
Home Seller - FAIL - no one wants to buy the house, despite all my hard work and having over 50 showings
Step-Mom - FAIL - angry that we have my stepson this weekend because we were not supposed to have him
Friend - PASS - finally fit in dinner with a friend who I haven't had dinner with since I was pregnant

Then I look at little Jillian being so darn cute...and it's really not as bad as I thought.

1 comment:

The Kento Beans said...

She sure is cute! I'm so sorry to hear that it was a stressful day. Those days do just suck. Hope you feel better about things soon...or already do!!!