Sunday, July 27, 2008

35/365


Today Jillian and I went to Melissa and Sadie's house today to play in their cool playroom for a bit. Jillian loves toys and playing! I'm constantly amazed at how quickly babies change and grow. Just last week we could hardly sit up for 10-15 seconds, and now she's just about a pro. And we've gone from rocking on hands and knees and propelling ourselves backwards to moving forward and actually, yes, crawling. I'll get a video of that up soon, but right now she's only taking one or two "steps" at a time.

We had lunch there too, and despite her rejection of apple sauce again, she certainly enjoyed eating small pieces of mommy's turkey from her turkey salad pita wrap. We may be skipping the pureed baby foods, and here I was all prepared to food process our own baby food. Seriously, she's SO not into pureed stuff. She likes mashed potatoes (see previous post), hummus, bread, turkey, and other various adult food that we've let her sample.

2 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the crawler in action! Maybe Jillian can give lessons to Cadence...on second thought...I'm not sure I want to baby proof the house yet!

PS: LOVE the dress...where did you get it?

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! Time to baby-proof our houses!